- Practise counting forwards to 100 and beyond. Can you count backwards too? Start at differnt starting points and count forwards and backwards. Remember to pause when you go through the next 10. (30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39...40)
- Practise counting in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards. Can you write the sequences? Can you pot a pattern? Are there any numbers that are multiples of 2, 5 and 10?
- Choose a number to 20 and write all the addition and subtraction facts for that number.
- Continue to solve number problems, including doubling, halving and sharing.
- Go on a shape hunt. How many 2D and 3D shapes can you find? Talk about and discuss their properties.
- Choose a number to 100. Partition the number into tens and ones. Practise using different numbers.
Here are a few more maths ideas to support your learning in preparation for Year 2.