Recap some of the year 2 skills over the summer so that you are ready for year 3 in September:
- Read and write numbers up to 100 (no reversals)
- Count forwards and backwards from any number up to 100
- Write down your number bonds to 10 and 20
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Learn to count in 3s and 4s
- Practise adding coins of different values
- Name 2D and 3D shapes
- Describe 2D shapes - edges and vertices
- Describe 3D shapes - edges, vertices and faces
- Partition a two-digit number into tens and ones
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers and ones
- Add and subtract 10 to and from any two-digit number
- Add 2 two-digit numbers
- Subtract 2 two-digit numbers
- Find fractions of numbers - 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 3/4
- Read the time of a clock to the o'clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to
- Learn to read the time to the nearest 5 minutes
If you have a printer at home you can print off this summer activity booklet.
Don't forget to keep practising your times tables on TTRockstars.
Double click on this picture and it will take you straight to the TTRockstars website - www.ttrockstars.com.