- I am pleased the story has a happy ending and George decides that his house is for everyone.
- We are now going to think about our own homes and what they look like. Ask your adult to look at the front of your house with you and talk about what you can see. Can you see the roof? How many windows can you see? What shape are they? Do you have a number and a letterbox on your front door?
- Once you've had a good talk about what your house looks like, we are going to draw pictures of our own homes. Remember to try and add all the bits you can see. In school, we have been working hard to add lots of detail to our pictures when drawing and painting. So take you time with your pictures.
- Once you have drawn your pictures, we are then going to add our labels i.e. door, window, roof, handle, letterbox, chimney, wall etc. We are trying to sound out our own words when writing. Say each word clearly and listen carefully to the sounds that you can hear when writing.
- Please ask your adult to email me pictures of your homes. I always look forward to seeing your work.
Learning Break - Time for our milk and fruit and some fresh air in our outdoor area.
Session 2 - Phonics
- Say all the letter sounds from 'a' to 'z'
Lunch time - Have a lovely lunch everyone.
Session 3 - Mathematics
- We are going to be focussing on subtraction this week in our Mathematics. Let's remind ourselves of some of the words that we use when we are taking away i.e. minus, subtract, take away, less, leaves.
I hope you have all had a lovely day. Well done everyone for working so hard.