Week Commencing 29th June
- Revise all the sound from Phase 2 to Phase 4.
- Use the activities and games on Phonics Play to apply your sound knowledge. Click on the link below.
- When reading and writing independently sound out your own words.
- Read on sight words from the Tricky Word list and the Reception High Frequency words.
- It will help you get off to a flying start in Year 1 if you are confident with all the Reception words. You will then be able to start working straight away on the Year 1 words.
Week Commencing 22nd June
- This week in your phonics learning focus on the digraphs (2 letters that make 1 sound): ee, ea, ai, ay
- Think of words that have these sounds and write them down in a list i.e. seed, sheep, tea, beach, rain, play etc. Sound out your own words when writing.
- Read your list of words then to an adult.
- Continue to apply your phonic skills by carrying out activities on phonics play - click on the link below.
- Continue to practise reading on sight the tricky words and high frequency words from the Reception list.
Week Commencing 15th June
- Carry out the phonic sheets sent home in your learning packs. We are using all the sounds from phase 2 to phase 4 in our own reading and writing.
- Focus on the sounds: ch, sh, th, ng, nk and qu. Can you think of words that have these sounds? Sound out and write the words you can think of.
- Apply your phonic skills when reading and writing independently.
- Continue to practise reading your tricky words and the Reception high frequency words.
- Test out your phonic skills by carrying out the games and activities on Phonics Play.
Week Commencing 27th April
- Play 'I Spy' with your family.
- Visit Phonics Play and revise the sounds of Phase 3 and try Phase 4 activities - click on the link below.
- Read and Spell words from the Reception list.
- Read and spell Phase 2 and phase 3 tricky words.
Week commencing 20th April
- Revise the sounds from Letters and Sounds Phase 3 which have already been sent home. Can you say each sound? Can you think of words that have that sound in?
- Read and then spell the Reception High Frequency words.
- Use Phonics Play online to complete Phase 3 tasks and activities. Try also activities from Phase 4.
- Read and spell the tricky words from Phase 2 and 3 which have already been sent home.
Week commencing 23rd March
- Practise sounds and phonic homework sheets sent home each week
- Apply phonic skills by carrying out different activities on phonics play.