This week we are focusing on the story of 'The Three Little Pigs'.
- Read the story of 'The Three Little Pigs'.
- Talk about what happens in the story and draw something that you remember.
- Talk about any of the repeated phrases in the story.
- Talk about what house you would like to live in eg the brick, stick or straw house.
We are looking at different ways to represent numbers.
- Count different objects and try to show the number it on your fingers.
- Look for different numbers in the house and show this on your fingers.
- Count different objects and try to make marks on the paper to represent these eg 3 lines for 2 pencils, 4 crosses for 4 bears etc
- Look for different numbers in the house and make marks on the paper to represent this.
This term, we are learning about alliteration
- Listen to the alliteration song below.
- Get your grownup to find different objects beginning with the sound 'm' and 'b'.
- Try to sort them out in to piles with the same beginning sound eg bear, book etc
- Repeat this with different letter sounds such as 'l', 'n', 'p', 'd', 'r', 'c', 'j', 'f'.
This weeks song is '5 Little Monkeys'. Practise this song everyday and try to show the number on your fingers.
If you are beginning to do so please remember to practise to copy the letters in your name. For everyone else, please practising drawing anticlockwise circles and lines with pencils, crayons, chalk, sand and a stick, paint or water and paintbrushes. This helps us to develop our muscles so that we can begin to write when we are ready.
Have a look at the webpage below to remind yourself of some of the large circles we have done in class before.