Here are some ideas for writing over the summer:
- Write a description of a character from your favourite book
- Retell a new story you have just read
- Make up your own story
- Describe a setting from a story book or from a place your have visited over the holidays
- Write a diary about your summer holidays
- Write a poem
- Write a set of instructions.
You can write about anything you want but you must remember:
- Capital letters, finger spaces and full stops
- Beautiful handwriting - tall letters, half way letters and long letters
- Sensible sounds when spelling tricky words.
If you have a printer at home you can print off this summer holidays activity booklet.